Frequently Asked Questions – For Centre and Home Providers

Click on a link below to learn more about the topic:

General Questions | Manitoba Child Care Search | Child Care Subsidy

General Questions

If I am an existing licensed provider, where do I go to access my online reports?

To access your online services, go to the Child Care Online centre and home provider login. You will be able to create and submit facility reports, update your record of child care employees/residents, report a serious injury, apply to renew your licence, apply for grants and find other useful tools for licensed facilities.

Where do I find additional information and resources for licensed facilities?

Go to information for licensed providers to:

  • read communications to licensed providers
  • review training materials
  • learn more about registered pension plans and retirement supports
  • view notifications of sex offenders

Please visit the website's main resources page to find publications, forms and applications, archives and related sites.

How do I find out about becoming a licensed home-based child care provider?

To learn more about becoming a licensed home-based child care provider, go to home-based child care.

How do I find out about opening a new centre?

To learn more about opening a new licensed early learning and child care centre, go to centre-based child care.

back to top

Child Care Subsidy

Where can I find a list of reporting periods?

Log in to Child Care Online for centre and home providers and go to the Subsidy Reporting Period Calendar under facility report to access the list of reporting periods.

How do I make an adjustment or correction to my facility report once I have already submitted it?

Do not submit a second online report for the same reporting period. Please contact your Subsidy Advisor if you need to make an adjustment or correction to your facility report.

How do I report a statutory holiday on my facility report?

Subsidized children have a limited number of allowable absences. For that reason, statutory holidays should be entered as an attended day and not as an absence.

How do I calculate a family contribution when the child did not attend for the full reporting period?

The family contribution payable per child is calculated as a daily amount. To do this calculation you should divide the number of days your facility is open and the child is enrolled and eligible to attend by the number of days approved for subsidy per reporting period.

For example, the family contribution is $100. The child has been approved by the Child Care Subsidy program for 16 days per reporting period, but has only attended 12 days that period. To calculate the daily amount of the subsidy, you would divide the family contribution ($100) by the days approved for subsidy (16 days.)

$100 ÷16 = $6.25

So, the daily amount would be $6.25 per day, plus the non-subsidized daily fee (for example $2.00).

$6.25 + $2 = $8.25

Now, you would multiply the daily amount ($8.25) by the number of eligible days the child attended your facility (for example 12 days), during the reporting period.

$8.25 x 12 = $99

Therefore, the family contribution in this example would be $99. If you need additional help with this calculation, please contact your subsidy advisor.

How much time do I have to submit my facility report/adjustment?

You have 30 days from the end of the reporting period to submit your facility report/adjustment. Failure to do so may result in non-payment.

Who can I contact if I need more information about the Child Care Subsidy Program?

For more information about the Child Care Subsidy Program, please contact the subsidy advisor that has been assigned to your facility. If you do not know who your subsidy advisor is, you may wish to contact the:

Child Care Subsidy Program
100 -114 Garry Street
Winnipeg MB R3C 4V4
Phone: Subsidy Information Services at 204-945-8195 (in Winnipeg)
Fax: 204-948-2143

Hours:  Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Early Learning and Child Care Program 210-114 Garry Street, Winnipeg MB R3C 4V4


Phone: 204-945-0776 Toll-free: 1-888-213-4754 Fax: 204-948-2625 TTY: 204-945-3724

Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m