Agriculture and Resource Development
Manitoba Fisheries' mandate is to ensure sustainable use of the fisheries resource. Management programs are developed to provide the greatest benefits to Manitobans, by maintaining or enhancing fish populations and habitat, monitoring harvest and habitat alterations, and allocating resources for the best return.
Sustainable Fisheries Management
The Manitoba government has a mandate to secure the sustainability and certification of our commercial fisheries. Manitoba continues to advance this mandate by conducting annual assessments of fish populations for many of our largest commercial fisheries, as well as, developing stock assessment reports and fisheries management plans.
For progress updates and stock assessment reports, please visit here.
Email or call us at:
- Anglers' Guide 2021
- Watercraft Inspection Program
- Fisheries Data and Information
- Flexible Fish Marketing
- Lake Winnipeg Quota Buyback and Proposed Regulation Changes
- Stocking List
- Mercury in Fish
- Manitoba Recreational Fishing League
- Lake Information for Anglers
- Winnipeg's Urban Angling Partnership
- Master Angler / L'il Angler Program
- Survey of Recreational Angling
- Nonresident Angling Licences
- Handling your Catch