Office of the Premier
Premier's Volunteer Service Award
Call for Nominations
The spirit of volunteerism is alive and well in Manitoba! The Premier of Manitoba invites you to nominate deserving individuals, youth and community groups for the 2017 Premier's Volunteer Service Award.
The Premier's office, in cooperation with Volunteer Manitoba, established this award to:
- honour the efforts and dedication of outstanding volunteers in Manitoba; and
- recognize and encourage the valuable services performed by volunteers throughout the province.
Past recipients of the award have served their communities by:
- conscientiously performing one or more volunteer activities over a period of years; or
- taking unusual initiative to identify and solve a critical problem or meet a specific need; or
- organizing and directing an activity which has a great impact on the community; and
- inspiring the spirit of volunteerism in others.
There are three award categories:
- This is presented to five exceptional individual volunteers whose efforts have contributed significantly to the quality of life in their communities.
- The youth leadership category recognizes young Manitobans (under 25) who have made considerable contributions to their schools, organizations and communities through volunteer work. The young volunteers serve as role models, encouraging other young people to give of themselves for the betterment of the community.
- This award is presented to three community groups that have improved the quality of life in our province through extraordinary collective volunteer efforts of the members.
Who Can be Nominated?
- Any living resident of Manitoba or organization that has been actively involved in volunteer service may be nominated.
- Candidates must have performed such service on a wholly volunteer basis and not for pay.
- The candidate's volunteer work must have occurred in Manitoba.
- Individuals of any age are eligible.
- An independent panel of judges reviews all nominations and selects the award recipients.
- All nominators and candidates will be notified in writing of the judges' decisions.
The Award Presentation
- The award consists of a presentation gift.
- It is presented by the Premier at Volunteer Manitoba's annual Volunteer Awards Dinner on April 25, 2017 at the RBC Convention Centre, Winnipeg.
- A Certificate of Recognition will be sent to each nominee