Financial Assistance

Ag Action Manitoba Program

Assurance: Farmland Beaver Damage Control


The Farmland Beaver Damage Control grant helps industry service providers implement appropriate methods (lethal and non-lethal) to control nuisance beavers that cause problems of excess moisture and flooding on agricultural land.

Who can apply?
Rural municipalities, the Association of Manitoba Community Pastures, Northern Association of Community Councils and First Nation Community Bands are eligible to apply.
When are the application deadlines?
This intake is currently closed. Applications are not being received at this time.
What do we fund?
Eligible activities include:
  • Indirect methods - pond levelers, or other options approved by an administrator
  • Direct methods - trapping using approved traps or snares, shooting when a beaver is on land or in a trap, or other options approved by an administrator.
How much may we fund?
Government support cannot exceed 50 per cent of eligible expenses to a maximum of $200 per leveller and $15 per beaver.
Making an Application:
  • Refer to the Ag Action Manitoba Program – Industry Service Providers Guidebook for more detailed information on eligible and ineligible costs and other requirements.
  • Complete the appropriate application form and email completed form and supporting documentation to
  • Applicants will pay the upfront cost of the beaver management activities and provide evidence of beaver removal or installation of pond levelers.
  • Applicants will ensure trappers are experienced in humane trapping techniques, fully licensed, and aware of all regulations in regards to trapping.
  • Applicants will receive a confirmaion email indicating that their application has been received. If a confirmation email is not received, please send an email without attachments to or call 1-844-769-6224.
 Additional Information:
  • Once a decision on an application has been made, the applicant will receive a notification letter on the status of thier project.
  • Successful applicants may be required to enter into a funding agreement with the Manitoba government before any funding is provided. The agreement lists the rights and responsibilities of all parties with respect to government funding.  
  • Submitted invoices must be from applicants to be eligible for funding.
  • Reports and itemized receipts or other acceptable proof of payments will be required to make a claim.
  • Payment will be issued according to the schedule stated in the contribution agreement and upon meeting all of the reporting requirements.
Manitoba Agriculture
CAP-Ag Action Manitoba
Toll Free telephone: 1-844-769-6224

 Canada, CAP and Manitoba Logos