The Corporate Policy and Legislation Branch provides policy advice to senior Government decision-makers and to MIT’s Divisions, Branches, and Regulatory Boards to ensure that the Department’s transportation-related programs, legislation, and regulations are effective, efficient, and safe.
- Provide corporate representation for the Department and the Transportation Policy Division on Federal/Provincial/Territorial and interdepartmental task forces and working groups.
- Undertake research, analysis, policy development, and project management and co-ordination for strategic transportation initiatives.
- Provide research, analysis, and policy development support on issues and projects for the Motor Carrier Division, the Department’s transport regulatory boards, and the Engineering & Operations Division.
- Co-ordinate the Department’s transportation-related legislative and regulatory program.
- Undertake research and analysis in support of legislative and regulatory initiatives.
- Co-ordinate the Department’s transportation legislation with other Provincial and Federal statutes, and co-ordinate legislative and regulatory amendments required for compliance with trade and other inter-jurisdictional agreements.
- Develop policy on driver licensing and vehicle registration standards, and provide policy advice on rules respecting control of traffic on Manitoba highways.